BBQ Pitmasters

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What time is the food being served ?? I think I can make the drive up and get there by 1:00 PM. :LOL2:

Sounds like you're off to a fine start Jim. 8)

As requested - best ribs in the universe recipie - original and cooking instructions are here

From here - https://www.virtualweberbullet.com/rib1.html

Best Ribs In The Universe Rub - 1/4 Batch-originial recipie
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup non-iodized table salt
1/8 cup brown sugar, dried
4 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon Accent (MSG)
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon onion powder
[/list]

My version - USE HALF THE SALT AND HALF THE CAYANNE (and sometimes a bit more sugar)
The ribs I buy are usually in a salt brine alreay anyway.

Thanks for the recipe, I will have to try it. I typically use rubs with mostly paprika.

The best I've found off the shelf is Szeged brand rib rub. It is really good.

I'll take some pics of grillzilla this week when I fire it up. It's finally cooling off a little here.

Just woke up from the food induced coma. :LOL2:

After being up all night to baby the smoker(first time) Sunday, then hosting the party in the sun all day which included many adult beverages, swimming in the pool, and then Birthday cake, I hit the couch at 9:30 with camera in hand to start downloading the pics to the PC.

I must of passed out at 9:35.

The Pork butt and Ribs came out awesome. I hope it just wasn't beginners luck.

Couple of things though.

I am not sure If I like "Kansas City Rub" I used it on the ribs and the butt. The butt was lathered in Mustard first. The ribs were not. I did not suace the ribs or the pulled pork. It was one fo those things where I thought if the people wanted the sauce they could sauce themselves.

Next time I am saucing the ribs.

I am very happy with the Weber smoker. It held its temperature between 210-275 the whole time, even when I opened the lid or door a couple of times.

I used 1 bag of Kingsford regular charcoal with cherry chunk wood mixed in. I added a few more chunks when I added the ribs.

Complete report and play by play when I get the pictures off the Camera.