Hardwater

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've tried a few times with no luck.Theres only a pickeral season here when the lakes are frozen.I seen people on local forums that catch them so I'm going to give it a whirl again.

Theres plenty of ice around here in the winter but im to chicken to go fishing on it. I have friends that do it but when you drill your hole and the water is 8 ft below the ice that just sounds like problems to me!

i grew up in western NY and went with my dad uncle many times,but i have no desire to be on the ice in indiana.i just do'nt trust the ice here.

An 8 foot drop between the ice and the water????

It sounds a little crazy but everyone around here ice fishes on Tionesta Dam so when the water level drops the ice stays so you get a huge gap between the ice and the water. I wouldnt mind that if that water was 3 foot deep but Theres parts of the dam that are 60 foot deep so if you fall in your done as far as im concerned. Thats why im a chicken to ice fish!

That is kind of crazy.
Sounds similar to fishing for sea run smelt in the frozen river systems here. You go into the ice shack and jig for them for the length of one tide, when you step out 8 hours later you found the water level and ice levels have dropped 10 feet while you never felt a thing!

Latest posts