Dale Hollow 2009 Road Trip - Latest Roster

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pbw said:
Is there a schedule for Saturday and Sunday? I want to come but no boat so I may just show up for dinner.

I am positive you will have a place to fish if you make it down... We aren't going to leave anybody out. I may be bringing my boat as well now so that is more space that is depending on if I can get the 8hp up and running before then.

alumacraftjoe said:
pbw said:
Is there a schedule for Saturday and Sunday? I want to come but no boat so I may just show up for dinner.

I am positive you will have a place to fish if you make it down... We aren't going to leave anybody out. I may be bringing my boat as well now so that is more space that is depending on if I can get the 8hp up and running before then.

You got that right! Make it down! There will be plenty of space for you to fish! :beer:

pbw said:
Where and what time is the morning meet or breakfast on Saturday?

I am still planning on being there. I am trying to plan on getting there early enough to meet some of the guys Friday evening. If I can't be there Friday evening, I will be there Saturday morning. I don't look to go fishing but would like to meet the guys. I may be bringing my girlfriend with me if she can manage to go. Where and what time?

KMixson said:
pbw said:

I am still planning on being there. I am trying to plan on getting there early enough to meet some of the guys Friday evening. If I can't be there Friday evening, I will be there Saturday morning. I don't look to go fishing but would like to meet the guys. I may be bringing my girlfriend with me if she can manage to go. Where and what time?

Im sure it will be in the main lodge hall room.

Jim said:
KMixson said:
pbw said:

Im sure it will be in the main lodge hall room.

Jim,

How about if we set up a time for a gathering? Like say we meet in the lodge around 8:00 on Thursday night for a meeting and cocktails, pop, whatever. Most everyone will be checked in (unpacked, boats launched, had dinner, etc.) by then and we can all get together to meet one another. Then maybe a lunch around 1:00 Friday - we could fish in the morning, come in for lunch and visiting, then fish the afternoon/evening - then meet in the lodge in the evening after everyone's in from fishing and done eating. A group breakfast would be good to, but that's right at prime fishing time - lunch would work better. We could also do lunch on Saturday too and party Sat night? Just some thoughts to get some organization??

What do you think?

I'm calling this evening after I get off to make my reservations. I will be in the Holly cabin. Woot! \:D/ :mrgreen:

Ok so here goes a Tentative schedule. All meetings and gathering will be in the common room in the lodge (I guess).

Thursday night, Friday night, and Saturday Night social hours, are in the lodge around 7PM till whenever.
Thursday , Friday and Saturday Lunch times could be around 1pm same place.

These are just optional times where if you want to meet any members and socialize will be your best bet in finding someone there?

For Food everyone fends for themselves. I am not too sure what is around and I am not bringing a cooler on the Airplane :LOL2:

This is just a start to get some organization, Anyone have any suggestions, Please do not hesitate.

Some of you have asked about the need for a KY & TN license to fish this body of water. You should be able to fish at least 90% of the lake with a TN only license. Only in certain sections would a KY license be required. Below is a link to a map of the lake which should show you the TN & KY sections of the lake and those that have a reciprocal license agreement (Fanny Creek, Illwill Creek & Wolf River).

https://www.dalehollowlake.com/images/Corps_Lake_Map_04-2004.pdf

In addition, below is a link to the TN Fishing Regs for 2009. On page 9 you can find information pertaining to the Licenses and Permit fees for TN. On page 10, you can also see more info about the reciprocal agreement between TN & KY I mentioned above. On pages 15 & 24 you can find information regarding the size & creel limits for Dale Hollow.

https://state.tn.us/twra/pdfs/fishguide.pdf

As for dinning, Star Point has a small marina where snack items, ice and gas can be purchased. They also have a small restaurant at the lodge which should still be open in October. You may want to call to be sure. If you are looking for anything else, you'll need to drive at least 15-20 minutes back to the main road where there are a couple of gas stations and eating locations... Bobcat Diner & Dairy Queen. The Bobcat Diner, if open, is pretty good to be out in the middle of the country.

Two more links you might find of interest...

https://www.state.tn.us/twra/fish/fishmain.html

https://www.dalehollowfishing.com/

Hope all of this helps. Still not sure if I will be able to make it down but I hope everyone enjoys their trip!

God Bless & Good Fishing!

Brian M.
G3

I have a room in the lodge reserved. I will not be able to make Friday nights social due to having to work Friday morning. I will be there Saturday afternoon. My girl friend is still unsure if she can make it or not. It will be good to meet the guys. See you there.

Well I've got some bad news.... Due to me having to dump about $300.00 in my truck, I'm not going to be able to make the trip. So you guys be sure to post up LOTS of pics.

NOT READY MABE NEXT YEAR IT WOULD BE NICE TO GO THAT IS STRAIGHT SOUTH FROM HERE I THINK #-o I HOPE EVERYBODY HAS A SAFE AND WONDERFUL TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!